Wednesday, November 30, 2011

18th Street Lounge

Stardate 65413.6


 07:13 - The is a story about how this Focus Foxy got her groove back at a little place we call 18th Street Lounge.  Since coming to DC, my Aggie friends do not like going dancing. If it is not the Hall, then they don't go. Lame. So a few Fridays back, I decided not to be lame and instead be awesome. True Story. My coworker put out the bat signal for all 'Dancing Queens' out there to come to 18th St Lounge. I answered her call by donning on my old ropa de Costa Rica, including hot dress, leggings, larger than life hoop earrings and a Rosary. (side note: I have lost enough weight to fit back into these clothes because of DC. What, what!)

How do I describe 18th Street Lounge? Located next to a Mattress Discount store, it is were vampires go to dance (not Twilight types).  This Victorian inspired dance club has different music playing in each room. Jazz is on top, latin in the middle, and house music in different pockets of this three story dance-a-poloza.  Now being in a 'fancy' dance place, I decided to let the bartender choose and make drinks for me.  These drinks were fancy and tasted funky (not in a good way), but I got one free. What you, Focus Foxies, want to know is can I still shake it? Fact. I base this on only Latinos being able to keep up with me. 'La Reigna' still has it. But on a more serious note, I was rusty.

I had so much fun that I almost lost my jacket at the end of the evening. I was so scared when I could not find it because outside the temperature ranged from 35 to 31, and this Texan can't handle that just yet. Bro tip: please use the coat check if inclement weather is about. Only three dollars, it is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment