Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Evening with the National Symphony Orchestra



Instead of putting on my sweat pants and watching Sex and the City on a Friday night, I decided to go out and explore one of DC's not so hidden gems.  After work, I got onto the metro and headed towards Georgetown.  On the edge of Georgetown's waterfront sits the premier stage for preforming arts for DC: The Kennedy Center. The Kennedy Center has three stages for theater, opera and concerts. Between the stages run two amazing hallways that display all of the U.S. state and U.N. nation flags. Also, The Kennedy Center hosts free shows for the public every night at 6 pm on the Millennium Stage. These shows range from puppet shows to jazz bands. The Millennium Stage is located in the back corner of the center.

Last Friday, I went to see the National Symphony Orchestra Prelude on the Millennium Stage featuring a small part of the orchestra.  To get to The Kennedy Center, I had to hike from Foggy Bottom, which required me to put on blinders and miss the fact that there was a free shuttle. But I was able to catch the second half of the performance; it was enough to be impressed with the talent and grandeur of The Kennedy Center. All in all, Focus Foxies, I consider my little adventure a success and pleasant departure from the usual Friday night activities. Don't take my word for it; watch the show in the link below!
Link to the Show

No comments:

Post a Comment