Friday, November 18, 2011

First Fall

Stardate 65361.6

07:32 - Houston, Texas and the surrounding cities that I grew up in do not experience all four seasons.  Most notably missing is the Fall season.  There exists a week in November where we can turn off the air conditioning, and we have been accustomed to calling this Fall.  However, we generally move from blazing hot to our 'cold' in a blink of an eye or one bad rain storm. All of this has deprived me of ever experiencing a Fall. I mean never. Now that I am in D.C., I can finally see and feel what Fall is all about.  Focus Foxies, I am impressed with the crunchy leaves, changes in color, little kids dressed in cute mittens and coats, and fast moving squirrels preparing for winter.  Side note: D.C. has a ton of squirrels. I seriously worry about kicking one when I go running. 

 One of the benefits of Fall is Starbucks ability to tap into their consumers' love of holiday flavors.  They start offering seasonal drinks, such as pumpkin spic lattes, as soon as October comes around.  It always seemed nuts to me having these holiday drinks when the weather is still in the 80s in Texas.  I do not care how addictive Starbucks may be; in that weather, it's a no go for me.  This Veteran's Day, I enjoyed the cooler weather of DC and my day off. I took the Starbucks gift card from my parents, and I went to try the much beloved and talked about pumpkin spice latte. Let me tell you, Focus Foxies, freedom wasn't the only thing I was thankful for that day; this little latte was amazing until the crappy Starbucks cup exploded on me. So Freedom 1 Starbucks 0.


I have pictures of the Fall for all Focus Foxies still in Texas. As you can see, not all the colors are that ugly orange color.  Maroon leaves can happen. Whoop!

Special shout to my favorite military folks and this post's sponsors: Dad and Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment