Thursday, November 17, 2011

NAKID Karaoke

Stardate 65379

17:35 - I have joined a kickball league called NAKID (No, Adult kickball isn't dumb).  The league is full of young and awesome people from around the DC area.  Occasionally, NAKID hosts pretty sweet parties, and last Friday, they held a Karaoke contest. I have never been labeled a singer. In fact, when I told Mama Fox  I was going to do Karaoke, she flat out told me that I can't sing, and she only hears me in church.  So you know, Focus Foxies, that is the heaven sent truth. Luckily, Karaoke calls for a bit more performance than singing talent. With this in mind, I dragged Abby along with me to sing them a song.

We did not sing in the competition because let's be honest, we couldn't win.  We sang 'Chicken Fried' by Zac Brown Band. We would allow you to join our group, but you would have to wear a purple sweater dress, black tights, and black boots, which we both did without any pre-planning. I will say knowing the lyrics to a song will enhance your performance.  I really thought that I knew all the words to 'Chicken Fried', but it turns out, I don't remember the second half of the chorus.  It was a struggle.

More highlights of the evening include a pair of guys singing 'A Whole New World' from Aladdin. A dude in Dixie shirt wailed Barbra Streisand's  "Wind Beneath My Wings' but refused to joining the entire group of NAKIDers in a round of 'Friends in Low Places.'  Also, I met the guy who won 3rd place in the contest. So I know an extremely minor celebrity.

All in All, Focus Foxies, I highly suggest you sing when forced up to a Karaoke mic by your friends.  Remember, it is not peer pressure; it is just your turn.


No comments:

Post a Comment