Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halal Grill

Stardate 65340.1

12:09 - In L'Enfant Plaza, food trucks gather from around the district in masses for lunch. Lucky for me, I live/work close by. For those Focus Foxies not familiar with food trucks, they consist of a restaurant in a truck/moving van that rolls to where the people are.  These trucks do not resemble the 'roach coaches' on a construction site. Owned and operated by a different chef, each truck specializes in a different type of cuisines. For example, 'Feelin' Crabby' offer crab cakes, 'Cajunators' dish out po' boys, AZN Eats serves Korean, and Basil Thyme sells Italian. New people often get confused with all of the selection available in food trucks.  One way to know you are choosing a good truck is to check the line.  Long lines equal awesome food. Be patient with the wait time, padawan; good things will come.

As a hungry lunch goer, I patronized the food truck Halal Grill this week. Halal Grill specializes in Halal kabobs, and bonus, it is one of the cheaper trucks out there. The menu includes chicken on pita, gyro on pita, and kabobs on rice. I ordered a gyro on pita which consists of a warm, freshly baked pita, a salad of lettuce, tomato and red onion, seasoned gyro, and special sauces. I ordered mine spicy, so they delivered my pita with a punch of flavor. My order came out to be $6. It could feed two of me for lunch, but I soldiered through eating the whole thing. I am not saying it was easy eating my body weight in pita; I am saying it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment