Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Econ Club and Yoga

Stardates 63812.1, 63812.1, and 63823.8
Since 63818.2 or Sunday, I have been staking out 'The Ghost who Creeps Behind my Professor's Door;' no success, Focus Foxies! NONE! Absolutely, none! The Ghost appeared briefly, but then disappeared. More on this later. It upsets me. So, I am giving you the highlights of some of my past few days.

63812.1 - Around 17:22, I was siting happily in Econ Club at Fitzwilly's. George quizzed our famed Economics Professor about securitizing microfinance loans in developing countries. Bravo, George, great question. To cut to the chase, a perfect example of a security is a mortgage backed security or MBS. Well, everyone joked about the 'BS' portion being well bs. The question posed was what would we call these new securities? I suggested 'MFBS,' and the crowd goes wild! I didn't get it. It may surprise you, Focus Foxies, but everything that I say that others considered funny usually means they are laughing at me, not with me. I meant microfinance backed securities; what I figured out later: they interpreted it as mofo bs. Their amusement at my 'cleverness' can be classified as amazing. I was so pleased, when I quickly caught up.

63812.1 - I found the perfect yoga class; it worked me out and relaxed me all at the same. Very few activities in life can do that to you. Anyways, the rewards of yoga are infinite, but it has many costs. So many annoying people flock to yoga, too many. Some of the different types in yoga are the smelly hippies, the perky instructor, old women, no personal space people, and show-offs. Now I am no angel, I used to be a show-off. But this class, it had nothing wrong with it. Perfect. I just worked on strengthening my arms and core muscles. And yes, I am still sore

63823.8 - Found the worse yoga class: pretentious with a perky instructor, not relaxing. The one benefit from this trip focused on soccer boys. Not every time one ventures to the Rec a pick-up soccer game happens, but every once in a while it does. Some girls like baseball boys, for the uniform, and for the same reason, I like soccer boys; it's the shorts. Anyways, after playing soccer for 13 years, old habits die hard. The only issue is the 'Cheerleader Effect' (see code of Barney Stinson), in groups they appear more attractive, than individuals. And as a final thought, gentlemen, please, please start choosing a bit more wisely when playing shirts and skins. That is all.

1 comment:

  1. I was curious if you ever considered changing the layout of your blog?
    Its very well written; I love what youve got
    to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better.
    Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or 2 pictures.
    Maybe you could space it out better?

    my webpage web site ()

    ReplyDelete