Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Family Dinner

Stardate 63806
09:49 – Focus Foxies, I have a confession to make. It is that time of year in Aggieland: everyone is starting to try and get hitched. This season usually starts a chain reaction that spreads all over and everyone else thinks that marriage and kids are a fantastic idea. Let me be the first to say, marriage and kids can lead to increased happiness, but they do not fit into everyone's plans for life. Some people do not want to get involved in these institutions Every other year, I am not affected by this plague. But Focus Foxies, this year it is creeping in on me, and I do not know where it comes from. Maybe my crazy lifestyle has grown old on me and I need to look for a boyfriend or maybe it was the cute little Childress kids at the Aggie Baseball games that have triggered this nonsensical emotions in me. But whatever the cause, I thought a good cure would be to be a 'caregiver' to the family today.

10:10 – WHOOP! Well, I have prepped the pork chops and rice for dinner tonight (while listening to country music and with Bravo TV on). I am feeling quite domestically and working mom because all I need to do is heat up the food and serve after Muster. So, I thought I would add to this success by even more success of creating a new bouquet. The boys are expert florists, but I wanted to make them proud by taking their dead one and replacing it. To do this, I brave going outside in Sully territory. He starts attacking me in my dress; all I want to do is get to behind the fence to get floral extras. So, I cut some roses out of the front yard and bring them in. Lets cut to the chase: I fail. I am not cut out for this. So I quickly change vases and use a Guinness cup. Like such:

11:11 - (I can Whoop again! Go Bush School) After this morning, I realize that I am not cut out for this who steady life and making dinners for a family sort of thing. I think what I was really looking for is a way to start my own life, meaning I build something for myself. Most people at this time turn to marriage and kids, which works for them. Considering I have not found any guy yet that would fit this bill, I probably will not before my college career is through. But what I can do is build friendships, careers, and life I can call my own. Next year will be the first time where I do not focus on SBP campaigns, being a Senator/Chair/Speaker. I will be able to focus on building a future for myself.

1 comment: