Monday, June 4, 2012

Ignite your Nattitude!


The Presidents' Race: Teddy Roosevelt always looses
Stardate 65891.4


2:05 - Focus Foxies, I have never hidden the fact that I am not much of a baseball fan. I blame this on being young and naive and mainly, under 21. Now that I am older and wiser and have a beer in my hand for the game, I find the whole experience way more enjoyable. I have adopted a team: the Nationals! I figured while I am in DC I should root the home team. Plus, I don't think the play the Astros this year, but I could be wrong. So I ignited my Nattitude (yes that is a thing) and travel to a few games now and again. On June 2nd (Stardate 65886.1), we double dated with another couple (yes that is a thing) to watch the Nationals beat up on the Braves.

One of us was happy with the score!
Heading up to the stage
I should say that was my objective in watching that game, and the Nats did pull out a win. This was much to the dismay of Atlanta native Focus Foxy Rob. I would rattle on about all these statistics about the game, but I really don't know that much about baseball. What I did know a bunch about was the concert going on afterwards. Every once in  awhile, the Nats will have concerts after their games.
On the Big Screen

We bought the tickets with the idea of seeing Dierks Bently, but due to family emergencies, we saw Big and Rich instead. While they haven't produced too many singles in a long time, they put on a great concert, and we got to go up to the front row.

I would suggest anyone stopping by the Nats stadium. It is fun to have a bit of DC pride and relax outdoors. They even have dollar games every once in a while.

Baseball Focus Foxies Fans in attendance: Rob, Chip (good sports), and Kara (my fellow country listener)

No comments:

Post a Comment