Monday, June 11, 2012

Basil Thyme

Stardate 65910.5

 13:37 - I have been a great patronizer of the food trucks that have come to L'enfant Plaza since I moved to the DC area. As there are a dearth of lunch options, you have to look to these moving culinary caravans for suitable options. I have been wanting to try Basil Thyme for quite some time. They serve you a lasagna, salad, cannoli and drink for $10 (they actually sell it for $12 now). I thought that this must be a great deal with a ton of food. It turns out; it was meh. The manicotti lasagna was pretty tasty, the salad was sub-par, and the cannoli was the saving grace of the meal. I have never had a cannoli before so my judgement could be all wrong, but I applaud their use of cookies and cream as a flavor. Overall, if you have other options, go for those; $12 is just a bit too much for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment