Monday, May 21, 2012

Warrior Dash!


The Spokesperson for Legendary!
Stardate 65852.3

Before the Race
They gave us awesome hats to wear
07:56 - Few things I do combine epicness, mental toughness, and physical prowess. The Warrior Dash Challenged me in all three of these areas. We traveled to Mechanicsville, Maryland to stare down the beast (side note: Mechanicsville boasts of a great Amish community). A 5 kilometer obstacle course, the Warrior Dash was a killer, especially considering my lack of training beforehand. Focus Foxies, I must admit that I let my exercise regiment drop, but I signed up for the Warrior Dash in my exercise days. Also, the dash was a part of my 2012 Bucket List. Once a challenge is accepted, you have to complete it.
Nice action shot!

 So I 'ran' the dash. Climbing over 15 foot cargo net walls, jumping over hurdles, and sliding down a huge water slide may sound like fun and games to you. You should think again because even the slide will take your breath away. I have to say my hardest challenge was the amount of hills in the running parts. Being on a backwoods motor runway, the hills kept coming.

At the Finish Line.
The most important part is that I finished despite being exhausted. I leapt over the fire and crawled in a pool of mud to achieve epicness. My time was 50:57:75 or 15:55/mile. I made 4019th place out of 8815 Saturday participants.
Showing some College pride

Time doesn't matter. I conquered the beast. For all of our efforts we got a beer and later Chick-fil-a. Those are not bad prizes indeed.

Focus Foxy Warrior Rob helped see me to Victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment