Friday, May 25, 2012

Grilling with Tequila


 Stardate 65853.4

17:45 - Lately, my food choices have been picked from bar menu options. In other words, my stomach is tired of fried chicken. This may be difficult to believe, but I needed a change in diet. I am challenging myself to be creative with food and widen my variety of recipes used. I plan on cataloging my attempts in culinary greatness.

Most of my recipes come from Pintrest. I figured I would start not too far from the bar area and grill Tequila Lime Chicken. I modified that recipe by using thigh and leg quarters; this makes grilling the chicken take longer. Also, I used jalapeños. The first safety warning I give you, Focus Foxies, is tequila is highly flammable and so are fatty chicken thighs. This fact played a huge role in my grilling/my hand almost burning off.

I paired the chicken with roasted chickpeas and carrots. Roast Carrots have been a staple for me, but chickpeas (outside of hummus) have not been. This let me get a bit creative. I have to say that they are not my favorite, but as I have another huge can of chickpeas, I will give them another try later.

My favorite and most successful parts of the meal were the margarita and raspberry dessert. The margarita recipe came from an ex-boyfriend (it is the only good thing to come from him). You take Simply lime-aid, tequila, and triple sec. the proportions are up to you. I stopped using my shot glasses and started measuring by how my day was going. The raspberries were a light and sweet end to the meal. You take raspberries and stuff chocolate chips into them. It isn’t much work, and the payoff is sweet!

All the recipes are embedded above. I look forward to making more and pin them on a “Things Tried” type of board.

No comments:

Post a Comment