Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cuatro de Mayo Fiesta

Stardate 65812.5

Antes de la fiesta
Durante la fiesta
19:00 -One of the many talents that people from the United States posses is  commandeering smaller holidays in foreign countries and making them drinking phenomenon in our own. I do not think of it as offending other cultures (even though it probably does); I view it as Challenge Accepted! Case and point: Cinco de Mayo, but this is no story of Cinco de Mayo itself. This story focuses (like a fox!) on the shenanigans taking place the day before on Cuatro de Mayo. What is the significance of Cuatro de Mayo? Nothing, Focus Foxies, but I decided to plan a happy hour at my place to gear up for Cinco de Mayo. And gear up we did, so I opened up my back patio for shenanigans.

My decorations
For those Focus Foxies not aware of the wonderful world of pinterest, you are missing out. I have been holding off on joining the cult, but now that I am a part of it, I give you this advice: drink the kool aid, the lemon mint infused kool aid. This happy hour was the best of pinterest put on a table. I had awesome cheesy breads, salsa, margaritas, and hummus. Others pitched in with more food and drink, but the star of the show was the pinterest decorations I made. No lie. I saved old wine bottles and bough flowers to make some neat center pieces. But enough about my obsession with party planning.


 The fiesta itself was a success despite rain earlier. I cleared off the back yard of the magnolia leaves, and we were able to fit 20 or more people back there. That little patio does not look big, but it can pack in a bunch of people. We were able to have our share of my margarita recipe,
Yasnanhia and Justin's sangria, and Mat's Tequila juice. This was an interesting mix considering some people were Tequila virgins and others did not know the power of Tequila juice. Needless to say, fun was had by all.

We eventually and successfully kicked people out of the happy hour to go party on at our favorite spot. By favorite, I mean the only spot we ever seem to go to: the Mighty Pint. Overall, I would have to say that this is one of my prouder events to date!

Focus Foxies in attendance: Work buddies, Suck it, Trebekkers!, Redditors galore, and a few grad school folks. Thanks to Abby, Steve, John, Alex, Durete, Kelly, Rob, Anish, Mat H., Dan, and Justin for bringing things to the fiesta. Thanks Lazer for the pictures! See more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment