Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Mega Millions Lunch

Stardate 65713.4

13:45 - Traveling through the grand state of Delaware will leave anyone hungry. I mean thirty minutes of driving can do that to a person. Seriously, you can drive through Delaware in thirty minutes. As short as the time period was, I was famished. Many of you may know, a little brewery resides in Delaware by the name of Dogfish Head Brewery. Long time Focus Foxies know that I am a fan of this establishment and even more so their restaurants. On the edge of the Atlantic Ocean in the town of Rehoboth Beach, one of their restaurants sits as a beacon of awesome, a lighthouse of amazing. With a bit of coaxing, I got my Mom to stop with me.

Being a Friday, we opted for their fish dishes; my first choice was their salmon club. I paired it with their annual Sah'tea brew. Sah'tea is another beer from their ancient ale line. This brew recipe hails from Finland, but Dogfish Head first brewed Sah'tea right there in the Rehoboth Beach pub. Trying to keep with the traditional way of brewing, Dogfish Head heats the wort with hot rocks. With hints of juniper berry, black tea, and cinnamon, this beer goes well with the salmon club. You cannot find flavorful light beers like you do in Dogfish Head.

I would have to say, lunch was our only win that day. We bought Mega Millions tickets earlier. No winners of money here, but we did have a Mega Million lunch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment