Friday, March 9, 2012

Josh Abbott Band and Pat Green

Josh Abbott and I
Stardate 65654

20:45 - We have a great deal of unique things about Texas. Rarely highlighted is our own unique blend of country music, which combines folk, outlaw country, and alternative rock intro songs mostly to do about Texas. Outside of Texas, Texas country does not get radio time. Hell, Texas stations do not give it its proper due. Sometimes, if I close my eyes, I can hear Texas country playing. I can see them dancing at The Hall, and when I dream, I dream I'm back in College Station.

I haven't floated down the Ol' Frio or had a kolache in awhile, but on March 8th, Texas came to me. Two stars of Texas country music, Josh Abbott Band and Pat Green, made a tour stop at the 930 Club in DC. So Rob took me out to the dancehall. After all, he hadn't met my Texas yet.

Josh Abbott Band
It was some kind of miracle to have Texas country music in my life. Having mostly heard it on the radio, the live version could not disappoint. That night, we were gonna set the world on fire. We sang along to all the songs, and in the end, I met Josh Abbott himself. Texas made a grand showing that night with her charm shinning through it all. After the concert, Rob got to know that I am a bit more like Texas than he realized, and he likes me for it.
Pat Green

No comments:

Post a Comment