Friday, February 17, 2012

Engaged to be MARRIED: Bethany and Mark edition

Stardate 65595.2

21:07 - Two of my bestest friends recently got engaged: Mark and Bethany.  I have been told through a 7 am phone call that strike teams, walks down memory lanes, and a sizable were ring were involved in what culminated in a romantic proposal under a bell tower with rose petals and candles. Not being in College Station, I cannot confirm the validity of all of this romantic behavior, but I trust what facebook tells me.  What I can confirm is that these two crazy kids are in love. I have seen them cross seas to be with each other. I have seen them campaign together, but I have never seen them quit each other. That says volumes about them. This engagement comes as no surprise to most of The Family/O'Bannon's Sub-committee. Many a time we have heard Mark foreseeing himself "marrying that girl." We are all happy that it finally has happen.

Now on a more shenanigan based note: no date has been set for the wedding. So I thought I would propose one: October 19th.  You do not always have to have a Saturday wedding. In fact, many people are fashionably opting to save money and do it on a non-traditional day, such as Friday or Sunday. Plus, October offers lovely weather and fun activities in College Station. With both of these in mind, we can have the wedding and party and be out before, lets say, midnight? Bonus: we would uncoincidentally be in town for the LSU game on the 20th. We can consider this proposal a win-win-win. We will Beat The Ever Living Hell Outta LSU's team, half-time, and tailgating with the whole wedding crew there. A 4th win in consideration would be celebrating their everlasting love, but that could happen any day picnic weather is around. Think about it this way: it may not be "traditional."However, it is Red-Ass, and didn't this all start from being Red-Ass?


Either way, I cannot wait to see both Bethany and Mark tie the knot and start becoming more and more like Lilly and Marshall. Almost as important, I can't wait to see a few of the groomsmen (and you know whom I speak of) try to be 'Barneys' for the wedding reception.

No comments:

Post a Comment