Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

Rob reheating dinner with a great bottle of  wine 
Stardate 65591.3


Being spurned by Chef Jose Andres and his reservation system, my Valentine went to great lengths and worked himself crazy on February 14th to earn my deepest regards. The restaurant Minibar wait-listed us for reservations. Not letting the 'system' get him down, my man went across town to three different Jose Andres' restaurants for lunch. Why lunch and why three places? He picked up three different restaurants' food to have dinner ready for me! He made good on his promise to treat me to Jose Andres' cooking, and he delivered! Not knowing what to expect, I arrived home to see Rob dressed in a tuxedo waiting to make me dinner. So I gussied up as well, and the penguin-esque Rob made me platefuls of delicious dishes. We had American Eats Tavern for the appetizers, Jaleo tapas for the main course, and my favorite Zaytinya dessert. It was one awesome and surprising Valentine's Day. If ever a person walked past mi casa in Southwest and asked, "is that Jose Andres' place?" The answer is yes but for one night only.

Now I wonder where he plans on taking me for my birthday....

No comments:

Post a Comment