Thursday, April 12, 2012

All Suck it! Happy Hour

Stardate 65746
Artsy picture with the police in the background. They weren't called on us.

11:45 - Happy hour is a magical time when people sojourn across the district to find the bestest prices on drinks. My party planning skills have been put to good use at the office, but they have not been tested with my friends. I am part of a social sports league, called Nakid (mentioned on Stardate 65379), and within this league, we have a group of connected teams called Suck it, Trebek! Not to brag, but I am the captain of the volleyball team. It is kinda a big deal. Part of the responsibilities of being a captain include planning happy hours for your team. Challenge Accepted! I didn't want this to be just any happy hour. I wanted it to be Legen..wait for it...dary. LEGENDARY.

To accomplish this, I invited the whole Suck it, Trebek! crew. This means the volleyball, kickball, dodgeball, and bar sports teams. Next, I secured a sweet location: Sign of the Whale. We are natives of the Mighty Pint, but we braved the two doors length of sidewalk to go to the Sign of the Whale. What truly makes this legendary is that I worked out a deal with Sign of the Whale. We got the usual specials of $1 Miller Lites plus $3 rail drinks/beers and a whole tray full of food for our enjoyment. Also, I got free drinks for my troubles.

Well, Focus Foxies, the Suck it, Trebekers! respond in mass amounts. We got nearly 30 people to show up for at the Sign of the Whale. Fun was had by all. So if you are in town next time, stop on by our completely successful, very much SWAG-ful happy hours.

Proud and Loud Focus Foxies in attendance: the usual suspects of Suck it, Trebek!

No comments:

Post a Comment