Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Legen..wait for it..DARY! Holiday in the Caribbean


The delicious food! with Dr. Pepper
Stardate: 65435.7

14:45 - Focus Foxies intimately acquainted with yours truly know my life’s ambition is to throw an epic office party. I mean the office’s send of season 4, Phyllis inspired shindig would be what I am envisioning. I want something magical. Well, this year, I came one step closer to that goal!

In November, I was nominated to co-run the Party Planning Committee (PPC). I immediately started planning greatness for my office Christmas Holiday party (we can’t have Christmas parties). I found a highly rated by Yelp caterer in the Petworth area, and thus the theme was born: A Holiday in the Caribbean. We ordered Sweet Mango Café, a small Caribbean restaurant/caterer. Sweet Mango Café specializes in Jerk chicken, so we didn’t deviate from their forte. I cannot stress that this was going out on a limb because I have never had Caribbean food. I was quite relieved when the food came, and they chopped the chicken up bones and all. You know something is authentic and amazing when they do not bother to use ‘American’ style of cutting meat. The jerk chicken spiced us up, the curry chicken cooled us off, and the fried plantains lit our world up! We might need to road trip up to Petworth for seconds!

Signage at the bar. 'Rebecca' never showed
My winnings
While on our Holiday in the Caribbean, we played some really fun games. The first was a drawing game; the object was to draw a person doing something at a place. We picked each of these three factors out of a pile. Other people had to guess what the picture was. I had to draw the Unabomber playing soccer at Disney World.  It was pretty twisted to having to draw that, but someone guessed it. We played White Elephant where Machiavelli meets Christmas in an epic battle not to get stuck with crap. I won a nice little bottle of white wine! #winning

The most epic part of our Holiday in the Caribbean (besides penguin decorations that I appropriated after the party) was the free happy hour I won for our office. We all went to the Mighty Pint for one hour. How many people do you know that can get you rail drinks and Guinness for free? Not naming too many, now are you? It was that awesome. True story.

All the festivities of the day turned out well. I was happy to be a part of making everyone’s day/season a bit brighter. And I have plans for next year…

No comments:

Post a Comment