Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Jingle All the Way 8k 2011

 Stardate 65418.2

Occupy DC had to move over a bit!
17:30 – As part of a resolution to run more often, I signed up for a 8k fun run called Jingle All the Way. For the Focus Foxies rushing to Google to get a miles conversion, it is about 4.97 miles. We will just round that up to 5 miles. This past Sunday, I ran that race in 32 degree Fahrenheit. If I was back in Texas, I would not even step a toe outside because that is just too cold. Yet, on Sunday, I managed to run those 5 miles and dress appropriately warm for it.
 





The race had around 6,000 runners from all over the DC area that trotted alongside and ahead of me.  I have never seen the roads of DC so packed with people. Literally, a sea of people washed over the nation’s capital trying to outrun their practice times.  Many people dressed in Holiday gear, including Santas, toy soldiers, reindeer, and a few menorahs. I was not as fancy, but I did have jingle bells on my shoes.

My time for the race was 51.18. Not a bad place to start, but I would like to get faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment