Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Running Through

Stardate 65259.5

I knew the stakes were high right from the start. When he dealt the cards, I bet my heart. Being the last to know that your ex has moved on is one hell of a kick to the gut. It is quite shocking that I did not see it coming, considering my excellent skills in Facebook stalking and the amount of photos they plastered on his wall. Still, I didn't see that coming.  So, I took one of their portraits and hung it on the back of my door with a "Go Work Out" sign above. I did this not to hate, but to motivate. I cannot change what is going on thousands of miles away, but I can loose those relationship pounds that I have been packing.

To do this, my cheap no gym membership buying self is going to run it off. Now, Focus Foxies, me running is a pitiful sight. Let's just say I am no sleek fox scampering along the trail. In fact due to my bum right knee, I am more like coyote that Parry (with an A) has shot. I think I am averaging 11 minute  mile, but I am out there with the cool kids on the National Mall. You can check me out amongst the memorials, monuments, and museums.  I am huffing and puffing and trying to run a 9 minute mile.

It goes against every instinct of mine to run away from a problem, but this problem cannot be confronted head on. There is no way to ask how it took one month for him to get over the past eight. So I run faster past the Smithsonian Castle. There is now way to find out why he checked out of the relationship, leaving me to pull trigger on the relationship. So I run faster past Korean Memorial. I can't ask why I was replaced by a t-sip. It would just cause me to run circles around the Washington Monument.  So I just run around DC until eventually I forget why I started. I know the last good bye is the hardest one to say.  This is where this cowgirl runs away.



No comments:

Post a Comment