Saturday, December 1, 2012

Lemongrass Modern Thai

Leftovers in tow
 Stardate 66384.9

19:27 - Focus Foxies, you may not know this, but I have never had Thai food. I have often heard rumors of a grand, spicy, flavorful cuisine called Thai food, but I have never encountered it. Upon hearing this, Rob had us travel to a far off and mysterious land, called Annapolis, to taste this exotic fare.

Lie Exposing Chicken Satay 
 We ventured into a little restaurant named Lemongrass Modern Thai. Apparently, lemongrass is a big component of Thai food, and so is coconut milk, peanut butter, cucumber and green beans. All great combinations in my book. Our appetizer was Chicken Satay, served with two sauces. The first being a creamy peanut sauce filled spice and savory flavors. The second was a chilled cucumber relish with a spicy kick. I have had satay before in my homeland of Missouri City, Texas. I guess it wasn't factual that I have never had any Thai food, but I have never had a serious or full meal.
Bam! Seafood.

For the main course, I ordered an explosion of seafood on a bed of rice noodles. When I say an explosion, I mean BAM! Seafood appeared all over the plate. There were jumbo shrimp, scallops, squid, and my new favorite mussels! They called it Lemongrass noodle, but the seafood was the star of that dish, not the noodles. Not to say that the noodles were not great. This is the first time I have ever had rice noodles. Now, I actually prefer the taste of rice noodles to regular pasta. It didn't hurt that these noodles were drenched in a tangy and spicy chili sauce. Are you noticing the spicy trend yet, Focus Foxies?
Requisite Bird Picture with Bird Face

To go with my spicy meal, I had a cocktail that was a bit more familiar to me: the mojito. I have known this delicious rum, sugar and mint concoction for years. Lemongrass put their own spin on it. They added skinny slices of cucumbers to it. It was potent  but not overbearing. Just the way I like them!

So if you ever travel to the far off land of Annapolis, do stop into Lemongrass. They were setting up Christmas decorations when were there. Just a all around charming establishment.

Flavorful Focus Foxies: Rob, and Durete in spirit. She introduced me to mussels. 



No comments:

Post a Comment