Monday, October 15, 2012

Colder Weather

Stardate 66255.3

12:40 - On Friday (Stardate 66248), some friends and I went to see the Zac Brown Band. Since they're one of my favorite bands, I was thrilled to get a last minute ticket to the show. So we drove until the city lights dissolved into a country sky to arrive at the Jiffy Lube Live Amphitheater. 

Before any good concert, you must tailgate; it simply is a fact. My well-prepared friends brought hot dogs, chicken, and beer. Also, they brought a grill. Class acts, all of them. We sicced Justin on the chicken, and we relaxed with cold beer in our hands. Life was good. Speaking of being prepared, they brought jackets. I did not. I had no forethought and did not believe that the weather would drop to forty degrees. With only a scarf and a long sleeve shirt, I was stuck in colder weather. 
It was seriously cold. Seriously.

Zac Brown Band has an amazing group of musicians with a wide range of talents, skills, and musical instruments  They go beyond standard country music; they represent every sub-genre of country that I love.  They blend Southern Rock, Caribbean, folk, blue grass, and gospel harmoniously together. My favorite aspect of Zac Brown Band is that their music inspires you to jump right in. Their music pulls you in and does not let you go until they are good and ready to. They never take themselves too seriously. My favorite part is how effortless they make it look. Music, much like life, is too easy to be so damn complicated. They just play whatever they want, however they want to.
Girls' Photo

Focus Foxies, you can understand why I would be excited about seeing Zac Brown Band live. Believe you, me they do not disappoint. They played for over an hour and a half. Their play list was half album hits, half jam session craziness. The whole musical experience just washed over me and helped to put the outside world away for a minute. It felt great to pretend that I didn't live in it. The only worry in world was when the music was going to stop. Eventually their main set did; then, they had a dueling drum solos; then, they came back onstage for an encore. They are that awesome. True story.


After the encore, we saw goodbye in their eyes; we didn't think we could change it. They had to be on the road to their next stop, and couldn't wait around for us. We never questioned why; they just kept chasing those melodies across the US. We were just thankful they stopped by our town. The next time Zac Brown Band comes back by, keep them in mind. I know I will be waiting. In my humble opinion, live music, good friends, and beer are the keys to paradise. 


Focus Foxies in attendance: Justin (Ticket Purchaser), Alex (Photo Queen), Rachael, Kara, and some dude named Thomas?

No comments:

Post a Comment