Monday, July 30, 2012

Moving to Mt Vernon Triangle

Stardate 66042

14:49 - Recently, I moved from Southwest DC to Mt Vernon Triangle. I wanted to plant some roots in a place where I could decorate and have my own furniture. It has been exhausting to move, but I have somewhere I call home. This post will be all about pictures.

 I made this bed from two Ikea shelves. Ikea will be a running theme in my new place.  I have never been to Ikea before this year, but now I have a mini temple to it. Well, this bed offers a ton of storage. I ended up getting really cute purple storage bins to put in the shelves to hold my clothes.
 Those are my Ikea curtains. I had to hem them myself. I did not realize how long 96 inches is. I will give you a hint, more than 6 feet. Also, I just cut the curtains and hot glued the edges.
I bought a small desk. All of my other desks were just holding places for paperwork. So I decided not to give clutter a space in my room.
These Ikea wall shelves were crazy to put up. They were worth it though. The hold all of my memorabilia and some fancy things. I now have a vase with flowers in an attempt to have nice things. They are fake to make sure they last.
This bit took some time. I have a bunch of currency from around the world, mainly the places I have been. I have wanted to display instead of keeping it in a jar. So I got my hot glue gun out and started arranging.

No comments:

Post a Comment